07 Oct April Thomas
April is an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer, having advised clients and colleagues on this area of law for more than 15 years. April is recognised for her commitment to excellence, which she achieves whilst staying true to her core personal values of integrity, kindness and respect. Clients describe April as efficient, clear, reasonable, practical and reliable.
April works with organisations of all sizes, advising on a broad range of commercial matters, including contract creation, contract negotiation, intellectual property, consumer law, governance, dispute resolution, and privacy law. April regularly works with SME Business Owners, In-House Legal Teams and Management Teams and understands that timely service, industry knowledge and is important to them.
Prior to joining Seneworth Legal Partners, April held Senior Legal Counsel roles at multinational pharmaceuticals giant, Johnson & Johnson, for more than seven years. Combined with more than six years working in in the commercial / corporate team at a top tier law firm in Sydney, April has both the legal and commercial experience to solve the most complex of issues affecting organisations of all sizes.
In addition to her extensive industry experience in the medical and pharmaceuticals industries, April works with clients who operate in the communications, creative, digital agencies, e-commerce, FMCG, not–for–profit, agriculture, and communications industries.
April enjoys developing deep relationships with her clients and becoming truly integrated in their business as a trusted advisor.
April is the current company secretary of Australian Eggs Limited, and the co-founder of online legal template business Cherrypicka Legal Docs.
- Contracts: commercial contract creation, reviews and negotiation (including but not limited to NDAs, distribution and supply agreements, client agreements, website terms, sale terms and conditions, procurement contracts, services, and contractor agreements, web and app agreements and manufacturing agreements)
- Australian Consumer Law: reviewing marketing materials or copy, advising on and creating trade promotions materials and Australian Consumer Law advice
- Social Media Marketing: creating influencer and collaboration agreements; talent agreements, model and talent releases, advising on issues involving AimCo and regulatory compliance involving influencers and talent
- Privacy Law compliance: advising on simple and complex privacy law issues, preparing policies and provision of training
- General commercial advisory: business strategy and advice
- Training: providing training to in house legal teams or business leaders in legal topics including contract law process and privacy law
- Governance: advising on corporate governance issues and frameworks, and full suite company secretarial services.
- Masters of Law, University of Sydney (2013)
- Bachelor of Law / Bachelor of Commerce, University of Western Australia (2005)
- Admitted as Solicitor (2007)
- Commenced with Seneworth Legal Partners in 2020
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.