07 Oct Tina Cheng
Trade Mark Paralegal & Practice Manager
Tina is an experienced trade mark paralegal, administrator and practice manager, having worked in intellectual property firms and national organisations for more than ten years.
Tina has managed trade mark portfolios for local, international and multinational organisations across industries including pharmaceutical, fashion, luxury, wine, food and beverage and entertainment.
She is experienced handling trade mark applications from filing through to registration in multiple jurisdictions, with extensive expertise in Australia and New Zealand. Tina is also experienced in the prosecution of trade marks, as well as opposition and removal matters.
Prior to joining Seneworth Legal Partners, Tina gained experience in specialist intellectual property firm, Shelston IP (now Spruson & Ferguson). She also worked alongside Justin at multi-award-winning international IP law firm, Bird & Bird.
Tina has significant organisational and practical experience, including in operating, implementing and customising databases such as Inprotech, Web TMS, Fileye, iManage/FileSite, NetDocuments, ActionStep and Aderant.
Tina is described by clients and her colleagues as organised, helpful, approachable and action oriented.
- Preparing and lodging trade mark applications, extensions, submissions, assignments, change of name/address recordals
- Managing Australian and New Zealand trade mark portfolios
- Managing international trade mark portfolios (Madrid Protocol) and national portfolios via local associates
- Assisting with trade mark clearance searches and all facets of trade mark prosecution, renewals and assignments
- Assisting with opposition and removal proceedings
- Conducting watching services
- Client liaison and managing client relationships
- Bachelor of Social Science, Criminology, University of Western Sydney, 2004
- Worked in intellectual property space for more than 10 years
- Commenced with Seneworth Legal Partners in 2017